ALICE Assistance Fund
RockBurg CARES offers financial assistance to ALICE households experiencing financial hardship. The primary goal of this fund is to help ALICE get to work and stay at work.
To be considered for help from the ALICE Assistance Fund, applicants must meet all eligibility requirements:
- Residency: Must have lived in Harrisonburg and/or Rockingham County for the past 6 months.
Income: Must have household income within ALICE range.
- Minimum income = the US Federal Poverty Level.
- Maximum income = ALICE Threshold based on household composition.
Employment: At least one member of the household must be employed a minimum average of 20 hours per week.
- Lost of employment in the past 90 days.
- Death, incarceration, deportation or separation of household member that was employed.
Financial Hardship: A household member must have experienced significant financial hardship within the past 6 months (180 days) due to circumstances beyond their
control. Causes of financial hardship will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Significant decrease in income. Ex: reduction in hours, job loss, absence of primary income earner in the household.
- Significant increase in expenses. Ex: illness, injury or medical diagnosis, loss of primary vehicle used for commuting, loss of child care needed for a household member to get to work.
United Way of Harrisonburg and Rockingham County reserves the right to approve or deny an application for assistance based on criteria listed and not listed here.
Not sure if you're eligible? Contact RockBurg CARES to find out.
One document from each of the following categories:
Proof of Residency from Applicant (must reside in Harrisonburg or Rockingham County)
- Rental Lease Agreement-current year
- Mortgage Statement-current month
- Utility Bill-current month
Photo ID for all adults (+18 yrs old) in household
- Driver’s License
Proof of income for all adults (+18 yrs old) in household
- Paystubs for all working adults - (2 most recent months)
- Self-Employed Pay Statements
- Bank Statements
- Child or Spousal Support Statements
- Retirement/Pension Statements
- Benefits statements for SNAP, SSI, SSDI, Section 8, TANF etc
Proof of Financial Hardship
- Paystubs showing reduced hours
- Proof of Employment Termination
- Death Certificate
- Divorce Papers
- Medical Bill, Statement or Doctor’s Note
- Documentation from another agency
If an applicant is unable to provide one or more of the required documents, a statement signed by the applicant may be submitted in place of one of these documents. Documents may be accepted or rejected based on verification and discretion of United Way of Harrisonburg and Rockingham County. UWHR staff reserves the right to request additional documents for the application.